Thursday, January 5, 2023

Prevailing prayer 1

 “For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief ruler; but the birthright was Joseph's:)” 1 Chronicles 5:2

The scepter belongs to those who prevail, not those who have birthrights. That is why you must prevail with God and with men if you want to enjoy the promises. When you prevail in prayer, you have the power to obtain the promises. Jacob was blessed years before he entered the reality of the blessing. Until he prevailed in prayer, he was living as if he had not been blessed. The year 2023 is loaded with the promises and blessings of God, but you need to prevail in prayer to possess them.

“And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

“And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.” Genesis 32:28

According to the scripture, many things are yours as a Christian. If you want to enjoy what God has written about you, you must prevail in prayer. Reuben was supposed to have the birthright, but he lost it to iniquity because he slept with his father’s wife (1 Chronicle 5:1). Joseph got the birthright, but he could not enforce it, he did not prevail. However, Judah prevailed and, having the reality of the birthright, became the chief ruler.

May you prevail in prayer in Jesus name.

Prayer for todayOh God empower me to prevail with You and with men in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: