Sunday, January 29, 2023

Be devoted to God

 “Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” Daniel 6:10. (KJV)

Challenges come to all, but those who are devoted to God cannot be swallowed up. True devotion to God is a sure foundation of a life of victory. This was Daniel's secret. He was so devoted to God that even the fear of being thrown into the lion's den could not stop his prayer routine. He ruled over the lions right in their own den. The three Hebrew boys could not be consumed by a fire that killed those who threw them inside because of their devotion to God. When you start following God for who He is, then you are devoted to Him.

“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39. (KJV)

“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.” Isaiah 43:2 (KJV)

God rewards those who are devoted to Him with His presence, His power, and His wisdom. This is what you need to overcome in any situation. Spend time with God daily. This is one of the signs that you are devoted to God. Fear God as a sign of your reverence for Him and obey Him in all things. This is the beginning of winning wisdom. Get involved and be committed to a local church. You cannot claim to be devoted to God and not do so.

May you win in all your battles in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me a personal revelation of You and help me to be devoted to you, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: