Friday, January 6, 2023

Prevailing prayer 2

 “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.” James 5:16-18

Prevailing prayer requires passion, fervency, persistence, and consistency. Prevailing prayer does not doubt and does not take "no" for an answer. Prevailing prayer is effective. Prevailing prayer avails much. Prevailing prayer is praying until something happens. For us to understand prevailing prayer, we need to understand how Elijah prayed. He stood in the presence of God until He had power with God and men. He prayed seven times until there was an abundance of rain.

“And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” 1 kings 17:1

“So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.” 1 kings 18:42-43

If you desire power with God and men, you must prevail in prayer. If you want to be in charge of situations and not have situations in charge of you, you must prevail in prayer. A desperate situation requires desperate measures. Prevailing prayer is the answer to a desperate situation. Prevailing prayer changes things and situations. You must prevail in prayer for this year in this first month.

As you pray, your situation is changing for good in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, make this year the best year I have ever seen in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: