Thursday, January 19, 2023

Add fasting to your prayer

 “Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.” Matthew 6:16 (KJV)

Jesus said, “When you fast,” not “If you fast.” This means believers are expected to fast regularly. Fasting must be part of your weekly routine, but long-term fasting must be commanded by God. Jesus said if you do it right, you will receive the reward. You don’t have to fast for men to notice that you are fasting. If the purpose of your fasting is established, you can be rewarded by achieving the purpose. There are some spiritual issues that cannot be solved without adding fasting to your prayers. Fasting is one of the keys to generate the power of God in your life.

 “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.” Matthew 17:21 (KJV)

“Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.” Esther 4:16 (KJV)

There is individual fasting and corporate fasting. If there is an extremely challenging issue and you are able to get someone to agree with you in prayer and fasting, you will get a speedy solution to the issue. I believe fasting humbles us before God when it is done right so that God’s work in our lives is not hindered. You can develop spiritual gifts if you engage in fasting and prayer regularly.

May you have the strength to fast regularly in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God lay Your hands upon me and do mighty works through me this year in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: