Wednesday, August 31, 2022

The covenant keeping God

 “Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;” Deuteronomy 7:9

God keeps His covenant with His people. If you are in covenant with God, He will be jealous over you. He will claim ownership over you and deal with anything that threatens you. God’s covenant makes you a peculiar treasure unto Him above all other people. God never fails in keeping His covenant with His people. If anything is wrong, we must examine ourselves. Jesus Christ is the mediator of the new covenant. Walking in the power of God depends on your covenant relationship with Christ and Obedience to Him.

“Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:” Exodus 19:5

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.” Hebrews 9:15

The greatest issue in a man's life is the issue of broken covenants and conflicting covenants. Do not let anyone deceive you, even as a New Testament believer, you must hear His voice and obey Him to walk in the new covenant. Fortunately, the Holy Spirit is given to help us.  We also have the written word of God and the faithful and committed Pastors who impart knowledge to us.

May you walk in the covenant with God in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, make me a peculiar treasure unto You above all other people in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: