Sunday, August 14, 2022

God answers prayers

“And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?” Luke 18:7

God answers the prayers of His own elect. God’s elect should not give up in prayer. If they don’t and are persistent, the answer is guaranteed. God’s elect has a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. The bible called us a holy nation and peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9). God’s elect are His saints who are in covenant with Him by sacrifice.  God sees our persistence in prayer as an indication of faith, and cannot turn down our petitions; He will answer speedily (Luke 18:8).

“But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.” Luke 1:13-14

“And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” Luke 18:1

Zacharias is a perfect example of what I am talking about. He and his wife were described as both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. He persistently and consistently petitioned God for a child despite the fact that he and his wife were old and had passed the human age of childbearing. God counted his persistence as faith and granted his petition, although he was praying in unbelief (Luke 1:18).  If you are God's elect, don’t give up in prayer, God shall surely answer you.

Your prayers are answered in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let me have the results of prayers in my life in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: