Monday, August 8, 2022

Remember Deborah

 “The inhabitants of the villages ceased, they ceased in Israel, until that I Deborah arose, that I arose a mother in Israel.” Judges 5:7

As we celebrate women’s day today in South Africa, I want us to remember Deborah, a woman of multiple grace. She was a prophetess, a judge, a warrior, and at the same time a wife and a mother. She did all things well. Her exploits outside her home did not affect her position as a wife and a mother. She was a well-balanced woman. God raised her as a mother in Israel and positioned her as a deliverer for the people of God. People may see you as a weaker vessel, but you can do great exploits if you would allow God to raise you and put His grace and wisdom upon you.

“And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.” Judges 4:4

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;” 1 Corinthians 1:27

There is no limit to what God can do with an available and yielded vessel. When a woman or a man humbles herself or himself before God, she or he would become a mighty instrument in the hand of God. Deborah’s story tells us that you and I can have balanced and fulfilled lives no matter our limitations and challenges. As a woman, I challenge you to ask God to put His grace and wisdom upon you to be a balanced woman fulfilled both at home and in the field.

May God raise you for this generation in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, break me, mold me, fill me and use me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: