Sunday, August 28, 2022

Obedience is basic

 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

You have one major responsibility if you want to grow as a Christian and become evidence of God’s Kingdom in your generation: obedience. God is truly sovereign but He cannot do anything on earth without an obedient person. God’s sovereignty is not a substitute for our responsibility. Obedience positions us to receive the fullness of God. This is based on absolute trust in God and receiving His understanding. Obedience is basic in our Christian journeys.

“And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:” Deuteronomy 28:1  

“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:” Isaiah 1:19

If you subject the things of God to the analysis of flesh and blood, you will walk in disobedience and miss the best of God (Gal 1:16; Acts 26:19). Beware of people who for emotional reasons teach you to disobey basic teachings of the bible. Such teachings may be sweet to your emotion, but poison to your destiny. Be a Berean Christian, study the scriptures, ask the Holy Spirit to teach and guide you; then obey the Word of God.

May you become what God wants you to be in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, kill every act of disobedience in me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: