Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A man of faith and power

 “And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.... And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.”Acts 6:8-10

Stephen, although a deacon in the early church, was described as a man full of faith and power. Because of this, he did great wonders and miracles. His words carried so much wisdom and the anointing of the Holy Spirit such that no one could resist his words. He summarized the whole scriptures available in his days in less than a chapter of the bible. No doubt, he became a man of faith and power through his encounter with the Word and the Holy Spirit.

“Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.” Psalms 119:18

“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Acts 10:38

You do not need a title to be a man of faith and power; you only need access to the mysteries of the Word and the anointing of the Holy Spirit.  This generation does not need worldly, lukewarm, and powerless Christians, but men and women full of faith and power. If the qualification to serve food was so high in the early church, should more not be expected from Christians in such a time like this? Beloved, you could be a man or a woman of faith and power if you desire to be. However, you must be willing to invest time in fellowship with Him and in meditation on the scriptures. You must have a personal revelation of the person of Jesus Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

May you be a Christian full of faith and power in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, grant me access into the mysteries of Your Word and anointing me with the Holy Spirit and power in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: