Wednesday, August 3, 2022

A man of integrity

 “The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.” Proverbs 11:3

Integrity is a key to winning in any relationship, whether spiritual or physical. Double-dealings ruin relationships. A man of integrity shall be preserved in difficult situations. A man of integrity is a great asset to any community and the church. Can you be trusted with money and the opposite sex? Joseph’s destiny would have perished in Potiphar’s house, but for his integrity. Ananias and Sapphira were destroyed for lack of integrity. Integrity is simply doing the right thing whether people are watching or not.

“But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Genesis 39:8-9

“But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.” Acts 5:3-4

Integrity is your greatest asset no matter your status. If you are a Christian and you cannot be trusted with money and the opposite sex, you are denying the faith. The wise man said a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches (Prov 22:1). He also said that a good name is better than precious ointment (Ecc 7:1). Most times people are watching when you think they are not. The question is what would people say about you? More importantly, what would God say about you?

May you be a Christian known for integrity in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: