Monday, August 29, 2022

Two life questions

 “And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.  And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.” Acts 9:5-6

Everyone that wants his or her life to count in this world and for eternity must find answers to two questions. The first question is who are you, Lord? This question brings a personal revelation of Jesus. The second is what will you have me do? This question delivers personal purpose and life’s assignment. You must know the person of Jesus and what He wants you to do with your life. Until Saul, who later became Paul found answers to these two questions, he was living like a vagabond on the earth. Even though he looked successful among the religious people and lawyers of his time.

“I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.” Job 42:5

“And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

Your life can never remain the same if you have a personal revelation of Jesus. You must go beyond second-hand information and have first-hand information about Jesus through a personal encounter. More importantly, you must have a revelation about Jesus and be born again. Jesus has an assignment for you. You must find it if you want to stop living as one beating the air. He wants to make you into something that will make your life count here and for eternity.

May you know Jesus personally and the assignment He has for you in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Lord Jesus, reveal yourself to me and show me what you want me to do with my life.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: