Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Rest in time of trouble

 “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

One of the indicators of a strong spirit is rest and peace in a time of trouble. This is based on absolute trust in God who is beautiful for all situations and who does not fail in His promises. He cares so much for us and He has enough space to bear our burdens and carry our sorrows. We must tell Him our concerns and expect His intervention. This is the way we can receive the rest He has provided even when all odds are against us.

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

“And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?” Mark 4:37-38

The disciples knew that Jesus could deliver them from the storm. However, they did not know that He cared enough to deliver them. Jesus did not only care for them, He expected them to be at rest and to exercise their faith by speaking to the storm. Jesus is your rest in any challenging time, take your burden to Him and leave it with Him.

All time rest is your portion in Jesus name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, take my burdens and my cares in Jesus name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: