Thursday, August 19, 2021

When men despise you

“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12

The answer to the despise of men is result. Always see men’s despise as a distraction. The only way to change it is to focus on yourself and the result you desire. Never despise yourself for any reason. People easily change their minds when they see results. Paul told Timothy to focus on being an example and not on the despise of men. David used the opportunity of his father’s despise of him to develop his relationship with God and his instrumental skills. Do the same if you are surrounded by people who are looking down on you.

“And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.” 1 Samuel 16:11

“Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen, or fallen down dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harm come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a god.” Acts 28:6

People despised Paul because a venomous serpent bit him. They thought it was over for him. However, when what they were expecting did not manifest, they changed their mind. Do not give the people that despised you what they want to happen to you. Ask God to make you a marvel to many. Everyone had to stand still for David when God chose him. God shall turn of every occasion of despise in your life to an occasion of glory in Jesus name

 It is your turn to shine in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God arise and let something good come out of my Nazareth in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name. 

No comments: