Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Honor your parents

  “Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.” Exodus 20:12

Honoring your father and mother is so important that God included it in the Ten Commandments. Your wellness and longevity depend on obeying this commandment. If both or either of your physical parents is alive, no human being is as important as them in your life. You must honor them, take care of them sacrificially at your level. Never take offense against either of your parents, also don’t get involved in their issues and take sides. This may be a key to receiving answers to some prayers.

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.” Exodus 20:12

 “And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.” Genesis 27:4

 If your parents are not alive, find people who have taken a parental role over your life and honor them regularly. Some struggle just leaves at the point of obedience. Honor your parents-in-law too, because it will come back to you. Provoke the blessings from your parents and not curses by taking good care of them. The enemy is using this secret to bring an accusation of disobedience to many in order to continue the generational curse in their lives. May you be separated from the afflictions of your father and mother’s house in Jesus name.

This is your season of breakthroughs in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to obey Your word at all cost in Jesus name (Psalms 50:15).

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: