Monday, August 23, 2021

Pray the Psalms

 “Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.” Psalms 5:13

 

When you are merry, sing the Psalms. When you are passing through any trouble or affliction pray the Psalms. The Psalms is a powerful revelation of how not to pray amiss in a time of trouble. The writer had passed through similar trouble, prayed, got answers and deliverance. Even when the disciples were attacked in Act of Apostles, they prayed the Psalms (Acts 4:25-26). The New Testament encourages the use of Psalms in singing and in praying.

“Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.” Acts 4:25-26

“Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;” Ephesians 5:19

There is a song in my native language that says, “The enemy is in trouble when I lay my hands on Psalms.” As I was growing up as a Christian, I have had to use the Psalms to deal with situations and issues. You have to locate the Psalm that matches the situation and pray it repeatedly. If you have been baptized in the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongue, combine Psalms with speaking in tongue.

 I see you getting victory over the challenges of life in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, deliver me from all my trouble and glorify Yourself in Jesus name (Psalms 50:15).

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: