Saturday, July 10, 2021

Be determined in prayer

“And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:48

 Determination in prayer is a product of trust, confidence, and faith in God. The reward is the answer and supernatural manifestations. Bartimaus knew Jesus could answer his prayers and do something about his situation, so he was determined. He could not be stopped, not even the charge of the crowd. I have an encouragement for someone who has stopped praying on a particular issue because the answer has not come. Pick the prayer up again, God shall answer you in Jesus name. Be determined this time and don’t give up.

 “So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.” 1 kings 18:42-43

 “But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.” Zechariah 1:13

 People who get answers to their prayers are always determined. Even Elijah had to be determined in prayer to get the rain to come. Don’t give up if it seems you have not received an answer. Be determined and stay until you get an answer. I have a word for you, the same God who answered Zechariah shall answer you right now in Jesus name.

 Prayer for today: Oh God, answer me and let me become a wonder to my generation in Jesus name.

Call to Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

 

No comments: