Wednesday, April 24, 2024

You must have these! 3

 “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19.

You must have power, and be sure of it. I heard the testimony of a man of God whom I respect when he went to a village in the northern part of Nigeria for evangelism. They had crossed a river with the help of a native, who also took them using a motorcycle to the point where they needed to cross the river. The guy went into the bush to urinate and was beaten by a snake. The enemy attacked the one who was literally taking them to the village they wanted to evangelize. There was no hospital close by, nor was there any medication they could use in the thick forest. Without the guy, they would all be stranded, and the guy was dying. The man of God remembered that he had power. He took authority over the poison, and in their presence, they saw the poison come out.

“Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.” Psalm 23:5KJV.

“And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand. Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.” Acts 13:11-12

We are surrounded by the enemy, whether you know it or not. The only language the enemy understands is power. He does not understand begging. You must be ready to prosper in the midst of your enemy, and that takes power. When Elymas the sorcerer was trying to prevent the deputy from hearing the gospel, Paul dealt with the situation using the authority he had. Don’t fold your arms and watch the enemy afflict you; use the authority given to you by the Holy Spirit.

You have authority, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I take authority over the serpents and scorpions and over all power of darkness, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: