Saturday, April 6, 2024

The supernatural life 2

 “But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.” 1 Corinthians 12:31.

There are gifts of the Spirit that make the supernatural life easy. Nine of them are mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12. As a believer in Christ, you should have these gifts operating in your life. The Lord accepts that you covet them; this is the only time that covetousness is holy and spiritually legal. The gifts are the word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith, the gifts of healing, the working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, divers kinds of tongues, and the interpretation of tongues. The best gift is the one you need most in any situation. The gifts are for you to profit as a Christian.

“Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 12:4

“Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.” Isaiah 55:1

The Holy Spirit gives diversities of gifts; you must hunger and thirst after them. Don’t stop at speaking in tongues. The Christian life becomes so sweet when you enjoy the gifts of the Spirit. These gifts make Christian service easy and fruitful. Jesus said in John 7:37, “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me and drink.” God is willing to give the gifts of the Spirit to those who will ask (Luke 11:13).

May you hunger and thirst for the fullness of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the gifts of the Spirit be operational in my life, Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: