Saturday, April 27, 2024

Dealing with strongmen

 “Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.” Matthew 12:29.

There are strongholds in the lives of men that are beyond their imaginations and thoughts. People are doing things that they would not do if they were in their right senses. People are going through situations that are satanically enforced. These are the results of the operation of a strongman. In this case, you have to deal with the strongman to deal with the stronghold. Jesus said to bind the strongman. Strongmen are also robbers; they rob men of the blessings of God in their lives. The goodnews is that they can be bound, and whatever they have stolen can be recovered from them.

“Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?  But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.” Isaiah 49:24-25KJV.

“And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Matthew 16:19

A strongman will always want to claim a legal reason to maintain a stronghold in the life of a man. I believe that every Christian who has a revelation about the finished work of Christ on the cross of Calvary can deal with a strongman. If you repent of any disobedience in your life, you can deal with a strongman. You have the name of Jesus and the blood of Jesus, which secured your redemption. You can sack any strongman and his operations in your life.

May God contend with whosoever is contending with you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I bind the strongman and I pull down every stronghold in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

©Rev. Dr. Amos Adeniyi

No comments: