Sunday, April 7, 2024

The supernatural life 3

 “And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:” Isaiah 11:2-3.

The supernatural life is based on knowing supernaturally, taking decisions based on supernatural knowing, and taking actions based on supernatural knowing. This is what happens when the Spirit of the Lord rests upon a man. Every Christian is expected to carry the fullness of God’s Spirit and, hence, live a supernatural life. Paul prayed for Ephesians' church to have the spirit of wisdom and revelation. This is the Spirit that makes you know what to do in any situation you find yourself in.  

“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,.” Ephesians 1:17-18

“And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.  And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” 2 Kings 6:16-17

When your eyes of the spirit are opened, you will not react and respond to situations the same way others do. You will not even pray the way others do; you will pray with specificity and accuracy. This is because you will know what others don’t know. We must never stop asking for the fullness of the Spirit in our lives.

May you receive the seven folds Spirit of the Lord, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, open my eyes to see and my understanding to know, Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: