Thursday, April 11, 2024

Self-discipline

 “He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” Proverbs 25:28

The act of self-discipline is called self-control or self-mastery. You cannot grow without self-discipline. Most people learn, but only a few people do. Self-discipline is what separates the few from the crowd. Self-discipline is what makes you force yourself to do what you have learned, what you have heard, and what you have read. It is one thing to know what to do; it is another thing to actually do it. Self-discipline is doing what you are supposed to do, whether it is convenient or not. Self-discipline is key to destiny fulfillment. You need to master and control yourself to live successfully as a Christian.

“He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.” Proverbs 16:32.

“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22

Self-discipline was the difference between Joseph and Samson in the Bible. Self-discipline will help you to develop a winning attitude. Self-discipline is what you need to say no when you are supposed to say no and also to say yes when you are supposed to say yes, both to yourself and to others.

May you have the power to rule your own spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to discipline myself to live according to Your word, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: