Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Your thoughts, words, and time 5

 “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:” Ecclesiastes 3:1KJV

The word time, in the Bible can mean two things: a season (Kairos) or our normal counting of days and hours (Chronos). We all have the same amount of time per day, but we are not in the same season of life. If you understand your season, you will know exactly what you invest your life in. If you understand that everyone has been given 24 hours a day, no matter who you are, then you will not waste time, but you will invest it. Actually, Jesus told us that if we invest our time (Chronos) the right way, we will not have to worry about the season (Kairos) (Acts 1:5-8).

“And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.” 1 Chronicles 12:32

“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16

If you are wise with the use of time, then you are indeed a wise person. To waste time is to waste life. The Psalmist knew how important this was, and he prayed in Psalms 90:12, “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Three things I want you to know: Use your time wisely to advance your destiny. Also, you can ask God to change your season if the season is hard on you (Daniel 2:21). Lastly, God is not happy if you are not aware of the season of your visitation (Luke 19:40–44).

May you be discerning and be wise with the use of time, in Jesus’ name.

 

Prayer for today: Oh God, reveal to me the secret of the season that I am experiencing currently, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: