Sunday, March 24, 2024

Purpose, Passion, and Pursuit 2.

 “Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;” Romans 12:11KJV

Passion also involves pursuing righteousness and God's kingdom with zeal and fervor. Passion also refers to an intense desire for or enthusiasm for something. In the biblical context, passion is closely linked to love—both for God and for others. Jesus identifies the greatest commandments as loving God with all our heart, soul, and mind and loving our neighbor as ourselves. This passionate love motivates believers to seek God wholeheartedly and to serve others sacrificially.

“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” Matthew 22:37-39

“His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.” John 2:17

To be passionate about a matter is to be sold out to that matter. To go beyond one's best. When the disciples saw the way Jesus pursued the traders out of the temple, they remembered that His zeal for the house would consume Him. Paul said he was not disobedient to heavenly vision (Acts 26:19). If you have passion for souls, you will pursue their recovery from hell with an intense desire. You should be passionate about both your personal assignment and the assignments given to you by God.

May you be consumed by a zeal from the Lord, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, put a passion for souls in my heart, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: