Saturday, March 9, 2024

Power of positive expectations

 “And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us. And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.” Acts 3:4-5

Expectations precede manifestations. If you look in the right direction with great expectation, you will always receive what you expect. The lame man in our text was actually expecting to receive money from Peter and John because he thought men could only give money. When Bartimaeus sought Jesus with great expectation, he was expecting a miracle that would make him see. When you look to God with positive expectation, you receive what only God can give.

“And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging. And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.” Mark 10:46-47

“For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.” Proverbs 23:18 KJV

What you expect will come to pass. Expect great things. Expect the negative season to come to an end. Expect your afflictions to come to an end. Expect your trouble to come to an end. Expect God to do great things for you. No matter what you are going through, expect divine intervention. Positive expectation keeps you going. Positive expectation gives you emotional strength.

Your future is better than your past, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, manifest Yourself as the living God in my life, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: