Saturday, March 16, 2024

But God was with Him!

 “And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,And delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favour and wisdom in the sight of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and he made him governor over Egypt and all his house.” Acts 7:9-10

When you build your relationship with God, you are building on the solid rock that can never fail. This is because if God is on your side, no challenges can overcome you. The presence of God is secured by daily and consistent fellowship with Him. If God’s presence is important to you, you must separate time daily to fellowship with him. It does not matter what people or this world throw at you, if God is with you, you will overcome. Spend time to meditate on God’s word and to pray. Live in obedience to God’s instruction.

“There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?” Genesis 39:9

“Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.” Daniel 6:10.

Joseph, in our text today, is one of the characters in the Bible who proved that a relationship with God is very important. His brethren sold him to Egypt, but the presence of God in his life turned things around in his favor. Even when his master’s wife wanted an adulterous relationship with him, he refused because of his relationship with God. Another character is Daniel. In Daniel 6, some men plotted against him, but he continued his fellowship with God. They succeeded in having him thrown into Lion’s Den, but yet they could not destroy him because God was with him.

May God’s presence abide with you, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let my soul long after you as the hart long after the water brooks, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: