Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Timely help! 1

 “And they said unto the messengers that came, Thus shall ye say unto the men of Jabeshgilead, To morrow, by that time the sun be hot, ye shall have help. And the messengers came and shewed it to the men of Jabesh; and they were glad." 1 Samuel 11:9 KJV

In 1 Samuel 11, Nahash came against the people of Jabesh Gilead. The people were willing to serve him, but he decided he was going to put them to shame. He wanted to make the whole city one-eyed by removing their right eyes. The people were going to agree if they could not get help. But Saul, anointed of the Lord, sent a message to them that help was coming, and they were helped. The enemy was defeated, and the people were not put to shame.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10

“My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:2

Beloved, perhaps you are in a similar situation where, except for help, humiliation is inevitable. I have good news for you: You will have timely help. You shall not be humiliated; the Lord God of heaven and earth, who never sleeps or slumbers, shall send you timely help. You shall never be put to shame in the name of Jesus. I have discovered that when you trust God with your life, He will always send timely help. Isaiah 41:10 and Psalms 121 are your guarantees.

You will be marvellously helped, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: I call in a timely help in my present situation, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: