Monday, March 4, 2024

Your thoughts, words, and time 4

 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well…..Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well:” 2 Kings 4:23-26KJV

I am sure you have heard people say that talk is cheap. Speaking positive words in a negative situation is not cheap. To speak of victory when experiencing defeat is not cheap. Most people will curse when faced with adversity. However, if you desire a turnaround in your situation, you must use your words positively and with authority. The woman in our text told her husband that it shall be well. She also told the servant of the Prophet that it was well, even when her only miracle child was dead. At the end of it, it became well.

“And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.” John 11:43

“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Mark 11:23

Jesus taught us to use our words to change things. He called Lazarus out of the dead. He spoke to an unprofitable fig tree. He spoke to the storm. He spoke to the situation of men to change it. He even said to us that if we have a word from the Lord, we are gods. It is important to know when to speak and when to keep quiet. However, we must speak words that align with our expectations for our lives.

It is well with your soul, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, put Your word in my mouth in season and out of season, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: