Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Turning failure into success! 2

 “If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.”  Ecclesiastes 10:10JKV

The fact that you failed at something does not mean God has not called you to do it. It, however, means that you need more wisdom and/or power. You may actually need to either withdraw to learn more about the assignment or spend more time with God, or both, for you to reposition yourself to succeed in the same endeavor. Hard work and passion are truly prerequisites for success, but they are not always enough. This was the case of Moses and Peter in the Bible.

“And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.” Exodus 3:4 JKV

“Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” Luke 5:4-6KJV

Moses felt he was supposed to be the deliverer of Israel, but he failed in his first attempt. The wisdom of Egypt that he possessed, his passion for the people, and his hard work were not enough. He needed only the wisdom and power that God could give to carry out the assignment. He encountered God and went on to lead the people out of bondage. Peter struggled all night and was already giving up when Jesus came into his life and turned the story around. You may need to retreat into the presence of God to make your life count on earth.

Your success is now in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, arise, turn my failure into success, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: