Friday, January 19, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 1

 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Ephesians 6:10-11KJV

The Bible encourages us to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. The reason is that we are dealing with the wiles of the devil. We are in a wrestling battle. Our oppositions are principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this world, and spiritual wickedness in high places. These are the forces behind the evil days. Our human strength and strategies will not be useful in this battle. You cannot sit on the fence in this battle. Someone said the fence also belonged to the opposition. You must be on the side of God and be equipped to walk in victory.

“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.” Matthew 7:24-25 KJV

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4KJV

Being strong in the Lord means putting on the whole armour. Not a partial armour but the whole. These armours include the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the boots of the preparation of the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit. Just like an improperly equipped soldier is not safe in a physical battle, no one who is not adequately dressed is fit for this wrestling bowl. Unfortunately, we cannot choose not to be involved; we are already involved as true Christians. The wise thing to do is to take the whole armour and walk in victory.

May you put on the whole armour, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to walk in the victory that You have given me, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: