Saturday, January 20, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 2

 “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth….” Ephesians 6:14KJV

If your armor is in place, you are a true soldier of the Lord. If your armor is in place, you will be strong in the Lord, and the enemy cannot defeat you. The first armor spoken about in Ephesians is a belt, and it is called truth. Can you imagine a soldier without his belt on? His trousers will be falling, he will not be able to focus on responding to the enemy, and he will become a victim. You must not only know the truth; you must walk in it as a true soldier of Christ. The word of God is truth.

“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” John 17:17 KJV

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 5:32KJV

The word of God is the truth, not what your eyes can see or what you can feel. If you don’t know what God has said about you and your situation, or if you don’t believe God above your feelings, you cannot be strong in the Lord. See the story of Elisha and his servant in 2 Kings 6. The servant could only see the enemy, whereas God has provided a host of heaven to protect them. A half-truth is a lie. The servant was not seeing the whole picture. God is true, man is a liar, and the devil is a liar (Romans 3:4; John 8:44). You must know the word of God, believe the word of God, and walk in the word of God for your belt of truth to be in place.

May you know and walk in the truth, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, deliver me and sanctify me by the truth of Your word, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: