Thursday, January 25, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 7

 “……., and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:” Ephesians 6:17KJV

Your weapon for fighting is a sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. Your armor is not complete without the sword. All other armor protects you only, but the sword is both for protection and attack. It has been said that the best form of defense is attack. The word of God will defend you and will also enable you to damage and destroy the enemy. Your ability to use the word of God is a strong indication of your strength in the Lord. The word of God will defend you and will fight for you.

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12KJV

“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.” Proverbs 30:5 KJV

The word of God is both a shield and a sword. If you study Ephesians 6:13–17 very well, you will observe that all the armor is centered on the word of God. The truth is the word of God. Righteousness is about your response to the word of God. The preparation of the gospel of peace is about preaching the word of God. Faith is about acting on the word of God, and then your own fighting weapon is the word of God. If you desire to be strong in the Lord, you must prioritize the word of God in your life.

May your life be rooted in the word of God, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let me be hungry for Your word, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: