Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 6

 “And take the helmet of salvation,……..” Ephesians 6:17KJV

If salvation is not in place, we cannot be talking about being strong in the Lord. Salvation is a helmet on the list of armor; it protects the head. I learned that in warfare, when the head is damaged, life is finished. This was why Goliath could not survive the stone of David; it went straight to his unprotected forehead (1 Samuel 17:49). Anyone who is not saved, is not safe. Thinking is done using the head; anyone who is not saved cannot think in alignment with the word of God. No unsaved person is thinking correctly.

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:12KJV

“For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.” Isaiah 59:17KJV

If Goliath had been saved, he would not have challenged the army of the living God. The enemy is not saved, so he is already exposed. Anyway, that is not really my point this morning. My point is that you must have a relationship with Jesus based on the blood covenant for you to be saved; this is the beginning of Christ's life (John 3:1–16). Also, you must grow in grace through an increase in your knowledge of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. These are the keys for you to be strong in the Lord and to be protected by the helmet of salvation.

May you grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, if there is anything in me that is against you, kill it, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: