Friday, January 26, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 8

 “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit……” Ephesians 6:18KJV

In the past seven days, we have seen from the scriptures that for us to be strong in the Lord, we must put on the whole armor of God. We have also seen that the armor being in place in our lives depends on our responses to the word of God. In addition to the whole armor, we must also pray always with all prayers and supplications in the Spirit for us to be strong in the Lord. Meditating on the word of God and having a strong prayer life are the foundations of our strength in the Lord.

“And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:3-4KJV

“And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.” Luke 6:12KJV

If you don’t meditate daily on the word of God and spend time with God in prayer, your Christianity is not only questionable, but you will also be weak spiritually, and the enemy can do to you whatever he likes. Even our Lord Jesus Christ was strong, both in the word and prayer. He quoted the word against the enemy and regularly prayed all night. You should not only pray in your understanding, but you must also pray in tongue regularly (1 Corinthians 14:14-15).

May you be strong in the Lord, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, fortify me by Your Word and Your Spirit, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: