Sunday, January 21, 2024

Be strong in the Lord 3

 “……….., and having on the breastplate of righteousness;” Ephesians 6:14KJV

The second armor is the breastplate of righteousness. This protects your chest, where your heart is located. Righteousness will protect your heart. Righteousness is standing right before God. To stand right before God, you must guard your heart and fill it with the word of God.  The heart is the source of every spoken word and action taken by men. If you guide your heart, you have guided your life. Righteousness is received by believing the word of God (2 Cor 5:21) and is revealed by living according to the word of God (Romans 1:17).

“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” Proverbs 4:23 KJV

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:  All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.” Mark 7:21-23 KJV

What you do or say reveals the state of your heart. This also depends on whether you are protected from the opposition or not. Apart from this, the opposition will try to plant a negative seed in your heart so that he can make you misbehave. You must take charge of what you watch and listen to, if you want your heart to produce the right fruit. If you desire to change your life, you must take charge of the information you feed your heart with, consciously or unconsciously.

You are the righteousness of God, and you will walk in righteousness, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, protect my life with Your righteousness, in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: