Friday, July 14, 2023

Surviving in a hostile environment 3

 “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16

What chance does a sheep have to survive in the midst of wolves except for the wisdom and strength of the shepherd? Jesus is our Chief Shepherd (1Peter 5:4), he can protect us at any time. If, as a sheep, you have found yourself among wolves where God planted you, you must let God do the fighting. Our Chief Shepherd said, “be harmless like a dove.” A dove signifies peace, humility and total dependence on God. When God is doing the fighting, you will pity the wolves.

 “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” Hebrews 12:14

“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31

The outcome of any battle does not depend on the strength of the opposition or its weapons. It depends on our covenant with God. Engage God to do the fighting for you, but follow the way of peace. Isaac remained in Gerar and prospered there (Genesis 26). The people started their trouble, but he did not leave. He dug well, and they contested with him. He went ahead to dig another one until they could not compete with him anymore. God shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.  

May God give you a sweatless victory in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let it be known that You are God in my life where You have planted me, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: