Friday, July 7, 2023

The impactful life 1

 “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8

It can never be too late to make an impact in life. Your age, past failures, weaknesses, or limitations do not matter. All you have to do is clearly define your course, engage in the fight, and build your faith. The man talking in our text this morning wasted many years pursuing the wrong course until he met with God. It does not matter what is going on right now; if you will turn to God and find the course He has for you, you too will make your mark on earth.

“For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion." Ecclesiastes 9:4 KJV

“Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.” Proverbs 23:4 KJV

Pursue wisdom. You have to change the focus of your pursuit. The way that cost you many wasted years cannot rescue you. You have to change your way of doing things if you really want your life to count. The fact that you are alive gives you hope, but you must focus your energy on gaining wisdom. Your first point of call should be a fresh encounter with God (Acts 9). God has promised to give wisdom to whoever asks (James 1:5)

You will make an impact in life, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me a fresh encounter for a fruitful life, in Jesus' name.

 Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: