Thursday, July 27, 2023

How to eat for spiritual strength!

 “And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.” 1 Kings 19:7-8KJV.

A lot of Christians are lean spiritually, they are undernourished, so they lack the strength to confront adversity (Proverbs 24:10) and temptations (1 Cor 10:11–13). The two basic nourishments you need to survive anything in this world are the flesh and the blood of Jesus. Jesus said, my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. If you eat the flesh of Jesus and drink His blood daily, you will have the strength needed to conquer all things. His flesh is the word of God (John 1:14), and his blood is the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

“For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.”  John 6:55KJV

“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.  He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:37-38KJV

Please allow me to be a little harsh this morning. You cannot make it as a Christian in this end time without this spiritual meal, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. Satan will do everything to keep you from eating. If he succeeds, he has captured you, no matter your activity. Some of us, when we are hungry for physical food, everyone around us will know: please be aggressively hungry for spiritual food. This is your lifeline.

May you be fed daily with spiritual nourishment, in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, make me hungry for Your word and thirst for Your Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: