Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Prayer that changes seasons

 “And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:7-8.

Someone said you may not be able to change times or seasons, but you can change yourself. Yes, if you change, your times or seasons will change. However, part of the change is for you to approach God, who changes times and seasons in prayer. Daniel stated that God changes times and seasons. Jesus said to the disciples that if they receive power, they will not have to worry about times and seasons. If you receive the blessings, wisdom, and power of God, your times and seasons will change.

“And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:" Danie, 1:21

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

Perhaps the season is not favorable and you desire a change. You must ask God for blessings, wisdom, and power. Throughout the scriptures, you will find the stories of people whose seasons and times changed because they received a blessing, wisdom or empowerment from God. The story of the father of faith can be studied in Genesis 11 and 12. God brought wisdom and blessing into his life, and his season changed despite his poor background. You can also study the story of Peter in Luke 5.  

May you experience the change of times and seasons you desire in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, baptize me with Your wisdom and power, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: