Wednesday, July 19, 2023

How to do God’s will

 “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 NLT.

The will of God is good, pleasing, and perfect. If you put yourself at the center of God’s will for your life, you will be protected, have peace, and be adequately catered for. You have three major responsibilities if you desire to do God’s will. The first is to know God’s will, the second is to meditate on His will, and then you can do God’s will. The will of God is revealed in the written word of God. If you meditate daily on this, your thinking will change, so will your way of life.

 “Guard your heart above all else,  for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23 NLT

“Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do." Joshua 1:8 NLT

It is exciting to know that you can determine the course of your life. It is more exciting to know that you can change the course of your life, particularly if you don’t like what is going on with it. All you need to do is take charge of what you put into your mind and, consequently, the way you think.  Just by listening to the word of God repeatedly in the area of your struggle, you can change your thinking and, consequently, the course of your life.

May the mind of Christ Jesus be in you in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, let Your will be done in my life as it is in heaven, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: