Monday, July 17, 2023

Avoiding prayer failure

 “And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed. And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice." 2 Kings 13:18-19.

Prayer is powerful, and if engaged in the way it should be done, it will bring victory and supernatural manifestation. Prayer itself cannot fail, but a person can fail to get results through prayer. One of the reasons for this is when someone stops praying before getting through in the spirit. This was what happened to King Joash when Elisha told him to smite the ground. He did it three times and stopped without getting further instructions. A lot of people either get discouraged or think they are praying too much, and as a result, they only get half-baked breakthroughs or fail to get any results.

“…. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times. And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand...." 1 Kings 18:42-44

“Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia." Daniel 10:12-13

Beloved, if you are not there yet, don’t stop praying and don’t get discouraged. Your breakthrough will manifest if you don’t give up. Your archenemy will want you to give up on prayer. He knows that the moment you start praying, your victory is guaranteed. Be fervent, be effective, and align your request with the will of God through the word of God.

Your prayers are answered in Jesus' name.

Prayer for today: Oh God arise, and let my breakthrough manifest, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: