Thursday, July 13, 2023

Surviving in a hostile environment 2

 “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16

Jesus said wisdom is needed if you find yourself in hostile environments. A wise sheep can be in the midst of purposefully hostile wolves and yet not be devoured. Jesus likened the wisdom needed by such sheep to the wisdom of a serpent. You will agree with me that despite the fact that human beings hate serpents, they have not been able to annihilate them, serpents still live with us. Serpents are so wise that they will escape any trap set for them.

“And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.” 2 Kings 6:12

“And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. But he passing through the midst of them went his way,” Luke 4:29-30

As a sheep, you must hear the voice of the shepherd and act on it. The king of Israel would always escape the trap of the king of Syria because Elisha was telling him about it. The crowd wanted to cast Jesus down over the hill, but he walked away in the midst of them. You will have to depend on God’s supernatural wisdom and act on His word, if where He has planted you is hostile to you. Spend time with God and ask Him what He wants you to do.

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the wisdom to be on top of the situation where You have planted me, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: