Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Surviving in a hostile environment 1

 “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” Matthew 10:16

You can survive wherever God sends you, even if you are like a sheep in the midst of wolves. If God sends you there, the wolves will lose the power to eat meat.  An environment can be hostile for many reasons, but mostly because of the response of the people and the principality ruling the environment. The first thing you need is confidence that God has sent you there. If God has sent you there, He will back you up. The next thing is for you to totally depend on God and His instructions for you. Be attentive to His voice.

“For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.” Genesis 26:14

“And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him,” Acts 7:9

If you are sure that God sent you there, then you will be confident that you are not alone. Isaac was told by God to stay in Gerar. He planted there, and God blessed him. The people of the place became hostile to him, but God was with him. When his brothers sold Joseph to Egypt, they did not know that God was using them to send him there. The presence of God was with him. Beloved, if you are conscious of the plan of God to be where you are, you will survive no matter the hostility of the land. You must stay there until God tells you to leave.

Prayer for today: Oh God, help me to flourish in the land that you have planted me in, in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: