Sunday, May 28, 2023

You and words 5

 “But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” Psalm 1:2-3 (KJV)

Delight in God’s word. The word of God will change your life, change your situation and empower you to change your world. You will be fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God, if you study the word, think the word, act on the word, and speak the word. The word of God will change your thinking to God’s way of thinking and will help you to follow Him more closely. As a matter of fact, your Christianity is questionable if you don’t delight in God’s word.

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15KJV

“And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.” Acts 20:32KJV

Don’t be a fire brigade Christian build yourself in the word of God. The Bible is the foundation for doctrine, the words in it will reproof, correct, and instruct you in righteousness (to live like God on earth). Attend bible study, study Bible on your own, and read books on biblical topics. God will reveal His way to you if you give yourself to meditating on His word (Psalm 103:7).

May you grow in the knowledge of God’s word in Jesus' name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God, baptize me with a hunger and a thirst for Your word in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: