Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Don’t fear failure

 “The lazy one [manufactures excuses and] says, “There is a lion outside! I will be killed in the streets [if I go out to work]!”” Proverbs 22:13 (AMP)

The fear of failure is the beginning of failure. The fear of failure is one major reason why most people don’t take action on their ideas. The truth is that if you refuse to do something, you have accepted failure. However, if you start taking steps toward your dreams, you will learn along the way, but you will be successful. People who are successful have failed many times, but they don’t call it failure. They call it the learning curve. Archbishop Idahosa said it is more risky not to take risks.  The wise man says an excuse not to do something amounts to laziness.

“If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.” 2 Kings 7:4 KJV

“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15 KJV

The message for you today is that you should do something about the idea God has given you. If you don't, someone else will receive the idea and run with it. Put your hand on the plough and don’t look back until you are successful. Think of it this way, the God who gave you the idea is your Father, and He will see you through.

May you take the first step today and never look back, in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Help me, Oh God, to do something worthwhile with my life in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: