Saturday, May 20, 2023

Gaining mastery in all things 5

 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled me.” Matthew 5:6 (KJV)

You must hunger and thirst for more of God, if you want mastery in spiritual matters. I wish we could be done learning about God but no, we cannot finish in the school of the spirit. We must stay at the feet of Jesus till we leave this temporal world. You must desire more of God and never get satisfied. As we do so, we will be exposed to more of God’s wisdom and power. Those who know God shall be strong and do great exploits.

“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?.” Psalms 42:12KJV

“Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.” John 6:67-68KJV

As long as you remain empty God will fill you. You must never get to a state of satisfaction in spiritual matters. Read your bible over and over again. Be active in Christian fellowship and make yourself available for the use of God. Covet all spiritual gifts. This is the only situation that covetousness is allowed. Only the things that God reveals to you belong to you and I am glad that if you stay hungry and thirsty, God will reveal more to you.

May you never be satisfied in your knowledge of God in Jesus' name. 

Prayer for today: Oh God, make me hunger and thirst for more of you in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: