Friday, May 19, 2023

Gaining mastery in all things 4

 “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” John 5:30 (KJV)

Let us talk about the discipline of hearing and obeying God as one of the most important actions for gaining mastery to obtain an incorruptible crown. Every man on earth is hearing and obeying someone, whether consciously or unconsciously. It depends on what you are seeking. Jesus said He sought the will of God and not His own will, because of this, He totally depended on God and listened to Him. This was the reason why He had mastery of all things. The truth is that you cannot gain mastery in spiritual matters without hearing God as a lifestyle.

“And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.” 1 Samuel 3:10KJV

“Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” John 6:67-68KJV

You cannot hear without listening, although you can listen without hearing. Discipline yourself to listen and to hear.  Spend time in fellowship with God and meditate on His word. If you hear God and obey Him, you will always make wise decisions and take wise actions. More importantly, you will have mastery in spiritual matters. The best results are for those who listen to God and obey Him. Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

May you live on God’s word in Jesus' name.  

Prayer for today: Oh God, speak, for I am listening to hear you in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: