Tuesday, May 23, 2023

The art of waiting upon the Lord

 “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31(KJV)

When you need direction or your strength is inadequate, the answer is in waiting upon the lord. When your goal is beyond you and your weakness is obvious, the answer is in waiting upon the Lord.  If you desire to engage in the marathon of life without getting weary or tired, then you must understand the art of waiting on the Lord. God’s wisdom, grace, strength, and power are made available through His word and His Spirit. The art of waiting on the Lord is the ACT of separation or isolation to refuel.  The fuel is His word and His Spirit in and upon our lives.

“And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.” Luke 4:14KJV

“And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.” 1 Kings 17:1KJV

The crowd is like a “grave” when you need a new direction or a new strength for your destiny. You must separate yourself from the crowd and isolate yourself from their noise. This is the first step in waiting on the Lord. Leave television and phone alone unless there is a message relevant to the waiting that you want to listen to or watch. The art of waiting involves reading the bible, listening to messages, praying, and keeping quiet before the Lord until His Spirit enters into you and His word comes to you.

May you be empowered by God in Jesus' name. 

Prayer for today: Let the Word of the Lord come unto me, and let His Spirit possess me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: