Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Gaining mastery in all things 1

 “And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.” 1 Corinthians 9:25 (KJV)

From today and in the next few days, I will like to share with you the art of gaining mastery in all things. I mean all things because we will be talking about mastery for both the corruptible and incorruptible crown. Let me differentiate between the two. The corruptible crown is temporal, but the incorruptible crown is eternal. If you gain mastery in obtaining the incorruptible crown, you will also have the potential and capacity to master the corruptible. This is because gaining mastery for the incorruptible crown is not a religious issue but a relationship issue. A relationship of learning at the feet of Jesus and doing whatever He tells you.

“And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19KJV

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” Mark 8:36-37KJV

If you gain mastery for the corruptible crown, you may gain the whole world. However, what shall it profit you if you don’t have mastery for the incorruptible crown and you lose your soul? Luke 16:19-31, Luke 10:38-42). Having said that we will discuss tomorrow the fact that every man that strives for the mastery is temperate (disciplined and exercises self-control) in all things.

May you gain understanding in this matter in Jesus' name.  

Prayer for today: Oh God, give me the grace to listen to you in all things in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: