Monday, May 22, 2023

Gaining mastery in all things 7

 “But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.” Philippians 2:7-9 (KJV)

I want to conclude this series by stating that the way of mastery is the same as the way of humility. Who is your spiritual mentor? Who is your father in the Lord? I believe that your Pastor should have the role of both a spiritual mentor and father in your life. The other way to ask this question is to say, who talks to you and you listen? And who is speaking into your life? If you are walking in rebellion in any form, you cannot master anything. Please don’t confuse spiritual gifts with spiritual maturity. You can have spiritual gifts and not mature spiritually. Also, attitude determines altitude in all business of life. A humble attitude is a prerequisite to divine lifting.

 

“But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.” James 4:6KJV

“Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.” 1 Peter 5:5KJV

 

Beloved, pride is a dead end while humility is a thoroughfare. The Bible says pride goes before destruction (Prov 16:18). If you are driven by the spirit of humility, you will learn obedience that is able to empower you for spiritual mastery. Don’t be too big or too old to learn. It is by grace and not by age.

 

May God give us understanding in this matter in Jesus' name. 

 

Prayer for today: Oh God, let the mind of Christ be in me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: