Saturday, May 6, 2023

Think deep and give thanks

 “I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.” Psalms 89:1 (KJV)

It is the first Sunday in the fifth month, and for us as a church, every first Sunday is a Thanksgiving Sunday.  Anyone who can think deeply will know how to give thanks. Our mouths must speak continuously of God’s mercy and goodness in our lives. It is by His mercy that we have not been consumed. Many are dying, and many are unable to come out of the snare of the enemy, but for us, the snare is broken and we have escaped.

 “It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

“Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.” Psalms 124:7

Just think about it this way, God has given you a brand new day, so He is giving you an opportunity to express your destiny. Give thanks. Thanksgiving is also access to His presence and more of His love. As you give thanks and praise to the Lord, may He cause your joy to be full in Jesus' name. Cast your burden on the Lord through thanksgiving, for He cares for you.

May you experience the love of God every day of your life in Jesus’ name.

Prayer for today: Oh God, I am very grateful for all you have done for me and for what you will yet do for me in Jesus' name.

Salvation: Lord Jesus, I believe in the forgiveness of sin and in the redemption from the power of darkness through your blood. I confess you as my Savior and Lord.  I invite you into my life to save my soul. Holy Spirit, come into my heart and make me what you want me to be. Thank you Lord for saving me in Jesus name.

No comments: